The DOE has awarded $7.4 million to seven tasks to develop medium- and heavy-duty EV charging and hydrogen infrastructure plans throughout 23 states.
The seven tasks receiving the cash span the nation, and deal with the drayage, regional haul and long-haul sectors.
“A clear transportation sector requires huge investments throughout your complete business, together with to decarbonize the vans that transfer our items and constructing extra charging ports to get these vans from coast to coast,” stated Secretary of Vitality Jennifer Granholm.
The tasks funded on this spherical:
- CALSTART—East Coast Industrial ZEV Hall. This undertaking will launch a strategic planning effort to spur the deployment of business medium- and heavy-duty charging infrastructure via the event of an East Coast Industrial ZEV Hall alongside the I-95 freight hall from Georgia to New Jersey.
- Cummins—MD-HD ZEV Infrastructure Planning with Give attention to I-80 Midwest Hall. This undertaking will develop a two-phase medium- and heavy-duty EV charging and hydrogen fueling plan for the Midwest I-80 hall serving Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio.
- GTI Vitality—Houston to Los Angeles (H2LA) I-10 Hydrogen Hall Venture. This undertaking will develop a plan for an investment-ready hydrogen fueling and heavy-duty freight truck community from Houston to LA alongside I-10, and within the course of develop methodology for future hall plans throughout the nation.
- Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator—First to Final Mile: Creating an Built-in Items Motion Charging Community across the I-710 Hall. This undertaking will create a plan for infrastructure options at industrial services and business zones alongside freight arteries feeding into Southern California’s I-710 freeway.
- Nationwide Grid—Northeast Electrical Highways Research. This undertaking will forecast EV charging demand at site visitors stops on freight corridors throughout Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey to assist inform a blueprint for future large-scale, least-cost deployment of business EV charging.
- Rocky Mountain Institute—San Francisco and Bay Space Regional Medium- and Heavy-Responsibility Electrification Roadmap. This undertaking will create a roadmap for charging infrastructure to assist the total electrification of three key trucking market segments—drayage, regional haul and long-haul—within the Bay Space of California.
- Utah State College—Wasatch Entrance Multi-Modal Hall Electrification Plan, Better Salt Lake Metropolis Area. This undertaking will develop an motion plan to enhance air high quality within the underserved communities most impacted by high-density medium- and heavy-duty site visitors within the better Salt Lake Metropolis area.