A brand new on-line device which may rework the best way electrical automobile homeowners plan their staycations has been launched.
The EV Vacation Hotspot Index, developed by the UK’s main EV charging supplier, GRIDSERVE, will assist electrical automobile driving travellers seeking to go to UK vacationer sights this yr.
With only one in 10 of the UK’s hottest vacationer sights at the moment providing on-site EV charging, the brand new index supplies an easy-to-use rating of the sights which have handy and dependable charging infrastructure close by for EV homeowners, giving them the boldness to take pleasure in and discover the most effective this nation has to supply.
High EV-friendly vacationer sights
- Beamish, the Residing Museum of the North – This immersive museum tells the story of life within the North East through the 19th and early 20th century
- Midlands Arts Centre – This pioneering arts complicated in Birmingham hosts theatre, dance, music and comedy performances
- Durham Cathedral – This Norman cathedral is a UNESCO World Heritage web site and a key filming location for the Harry Potter movies
- Hampton Court docket Palace – Famously dwelling to Henry VIII, this palace is a Grade I-listed constructing close to Kingston-upon-Thames
- Eden Challenge – This botanical backyard and vacationer attraction in Cornwall makes use of big glass domes to accommodate completely different ecosystems, showcasing the interactions between vegetation and animals
- Nationwide Railway Museum – This museum positioned in York tells the story of the event of rail transport in Britain
- Pugneys Nation Park – A big wildlife park positioned in West Yorkshire consists of actions reminiscent of a lightweight railway, fort, and two lakes
- Millennium Gallery – This artwork gallery is Sheffield’s prime vacation spot for arts and design
- The Bodleian Library – This spectacular hub of data in Oxford is likely one of the oldest libraries in Europe
- Stonehenge – A prehistoric monument made up of a hoop of iconic standing stones close to Salisbury
“With the UK’s fascinating historical past and immense pure magnificence, it’s no surprise staycations are the go-to possibility for over half of Brits,” stated Laura Hardy, Chief Communications Officer of GRIDSERVE.
“Nonetheless, we all know that restricted public transport and nervousness round EV charging choices generally is a problem for some guests, notably these seeking to journey extra sustainably.
“That’s why our EV Holiday Hotspot Index is so essential. It’s designed to assist drivers make knowledgeable selections and enhance confidence in EV journey throughout the UK.
“The Index will allow drivers to pinpoint their good staycation and minimize emissions alongside the best way.
“It’s a actually improbable useful resource that may regularly replace as we broaden our UK-wide community of Excessive Energy EV chargers on the velocity and scale that’s wanted to assist transfer the needle on local weather change.”
New information reveals that greater than half (57%) of British households are planning a ‘staycation’ this yr, embarking on journeys averaging 100-200 miles.